What can online presence offer for you?
How customers find You on the Net?
Usually, the online presence is the sum of:
- Company website
- Social media pages + feeds
- Company videos
- Online store
All these can be combined and linked to each other, so there is no only or best way to do things. Basic benefits are outlined below:
Website – your digital home
The website is your digital home, where customers find information about the company and it’s products and services.
- Makes your business more credible and trustworthy.
- Easy to refer and link
- You can decide the looks and color to match your company’s visual presence.
- A place for Who we are and Services we offer -information.
How to c a eate website for free or with minimal cost (less than 50€)?
You have two options:
- Ask your friend to do it for you
- Learn to do it yourself. See the video below and try it out.
Other opportunities for the website creation
The web is full of easy to use website creation editors, that can be used with a web browser. Usually, they have good guides on site creation and ready templates for easy startup. We’d recommend you to look at following services:
or google “create website easily” and take a spin.
These tools may not be the choice of web developers, but if you are one you know what to do anyway.
These are the channels to interact with customers and spread the word about the company.
- Spread the word about the company
- Interact with customers
- Advertisement for new products and services
How to select the social media networks for your company
Usually, you must select what network is relevant to your business. Below is an excellent article on different networks to help you make informed decision.
Creating the pages/accounts
All social media channels have an excellent tutorials how to create a page and promote that. Get familiar with those.
- Tell the product or service story fast
- Can be used for viral marketing. Good videos got shared a lot.
Creating company videos
You can film company videos with your smartphone (or dedicated came for better quality). Most important is the story you want to tell, not the device, what you use.
This post is a good place to start and as usual, internet is full of recourses and technical guides for every device you have.
- Sell the products or services online.
- Test the market in an easy way, since opening of a small store is fast and free
How to do it
There are a couple of easy ways to create an online store.
- Use the Holvi.com -service that has an online store with payment options (Finnish online banks & credit cards build in – no setup or monthly fee).
- Make a website with an order form that arrives in your e-mail and sends the invoice manually with the product.
- Use some of the online store services. Such as MyCashflow (In Finnish) https://www.mycashflow.fi/ilmainen-verkkokauppa/ (Free version for 10 products)
- Show off your expertise on the selected area by blogging.
- Tell the company story in interesting format
Starting your own blog
There are two steps to start blogging
- Why and what (content)
- How and where (technical stuff).
Read the articles below to get better understanding of why and what to blog
How and where to start a blog
(editor comment: This site uses a wordpress.org self hosted platform)